Visits, Talks, and Tutoring
- School Visits and Children’s Talks
I offer school visits for all Key Stages. In the past I've worked with all ages, from pre-school to 6th form. If you let me know your curriculum requirements, I'm happy to formulate workshops/talks based on these.
Past subjects have included; ‘the process of illustrating a text’, ‘storyboarding, page layout, and the relationship between words and pictures, ‘how to work with a literary theme to develop believable characters’, and ‘how to become a children’s book illustrator’
I aspire to spark each child’s imagination by the end of a session.
- Adult talks/workshops
Illustration/Drawing Talks and workshops offered to larger groups upon request. Please CONTACT ME with enquiries, and for availability.
- Individual/Small Group Tuition (3-4 people).
Taught at the illustrator’s house, in Hitchin. Or, if preferred, at a local café/pub. I wish to provide a relaxed learning environment, to experiment with your pencil, play with art, and maybe have a biccy or two!
- ‘Beginner’s Drawing.’ - 2 hr session. £35 pp
Learn how to unlock your inner artist, and find confidence with your pencil.
- ‘Introduction to Book Illustration – Blood, Sweat, and Cake Crumbs’ - 2 hr session £35pp
What really goes into a book? How to approach publishers. Learn some tricks of the trade.
- ‘The Figure’ - 2hr session £35pp
Want to draw People, but not sure where to start?
- How to Create Believable Characters – 2 hr session £35pp
Creating characters is easy. Now learn how to make them walk off the page!
- Portfolio Review (for publishing, or for Art College) – 1 hr session – (£15pp for students/ £20pp for non-students)
Hoping to get your place at Art College? Want some tips on talking to publishers? This session’s for you.